See how easy it is to make artichokes right in your air fryer!
- 2 fresh artichokes
- 1 large fresh lemons, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Garlic Aioli Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat air-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the artichokes by plucking off the bottom outer leaves of the artichoke down by the stem. I usually end up removing about 6-8 leaves.
- Laying it on it’s side, cut off the bottom of the stem and then trim off the top 1/3 of the artichoke (see video for reference).
- Working your way around, trim the tips off the all of the leaves. They’re pointed and a little prickly so we want to cut the top 1/4-1/2 inch off of each leaf.
- Cut the artichoke in half working from the stem up through the top of the artichoke.
- Remove the choke in the middle. To do this, use a large spoon and scrape out the fuzzy parts and everything in the middle that aren’t the leaves. Rub ALL around the cut edges with a lemon wedge to prevent browning.
- Drizzle the cut sides of the artichokes with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Rub everything in with your hands and place them, cut side down, into your air fryer.
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway.
- To make the sauce, whisk together all of the ingredients in a bowl and dip the artichoke leaves in and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: vegetables
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: air fryer artichokes, artichoke recipes, air fryer recipes