It’s so easy to make kale chips in the air fryer! Thin, crispy, and addicting, Air Fryer Kale Chips are SO good! This recipe makes the perfect healthy snack, appetizer or side dish. Kale chips are very low in calories and high in nutrients, making them a great replacement for chips or crackers.
- 5 cups kale, chopped into large pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Flavor Options: My favorite way to eat kale chips is simply with salt but if you want to flavor them, you can use any of your favorite spice blends. Sprinkle over ranch seasoning, old bay, or fry seasoning to taste (start with about 1/2 teaspoon and go from there).
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Add the chopped kale to the basket and spray it with olive oil spray.
- Cook at 375 for 7-8 minutes, or until the kale is crisp.
- Sprinkle over the salt and toss to combine.
- Enjoy immediately or store the kale chips in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
- Make sure not to overcrowd your air fryer! Cook the kale in batches if you need to— otherwise it will steam, not air fry.
- You’ll be able to hear the kale when it’s ready! As soon as you hear a scratching sound from your air fryer, remove the kale (that’s the sound of the kale flying around the air fryer basket)!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 49
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 635.3 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: air fryer, air fryer kale chips, kale chips