This Air Fryer Sesame Cauliflower is so simple to throw together and makes for a healthy dinner or even meal prep option!
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce (I suggest low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper and pre-heat to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together the plant milk and flour.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, allowing any excess batter to drip off.
- Place the cauliflower in the air fryer, making sure they do not touch. You don’t want to overcrowd the basket!* Air fry at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until the cauliflower are a nice golden brown.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the remaining ingredients (water, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, garlic, and ginger) in a small pan over medium heat. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until it has reduced and thickened– about 5 minutes. Then, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes before saucing
- Once the cauliflower is done, place it in a large bowl and pour the sauce over top. Toss to combine and serve immediately. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion as desired. ENJOY!
To cook in the oven: Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the battered cauliflower on a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Proceed with the recipe as written.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes