This Air Fryer Tofu comes together with just 5 simple ingredients! It’s deliciously crispy and so versatile for whatever dish you’re serving it with.
- 16oz of tofu pressed, firm or extra firm
- Optional for added crispiness: ¼ cup of cornstarch or arrowroot powder
For the marinade:*
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (or other oil)
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely minced
- OR you can use one of THESE other tofu marinades of mine!
- Prepare your tofu by pressing it (full instructions HERE) and cutting it into cubes or any shape you’d like. For maximum crispiness, I like to cut it into smaller cubes.
- Prepare the marinade in a resealable container (big enough for the tofu to fit in) by whisking together the soy sauce, oil, garlic, and vinegar. Add in the tofu cubes being careful not to stack them if you can avoid it. Put the top on and let sit for 30 minutes (or even overnight). I recommend flipping the tofu at some point so that it’s evenly marinated. OPTIONAL STEP: remove the tofu from the marinade and toss it in 1/4 cup of cornstarch, tapping off any excess cornstarch, for maximum crispiness.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat your air fryer to 370 degrees F and lightly spray the inside with cooking spray.
- Once heated, add the tofu in in a single layer and cook for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. You can always cook it a few minutes longer as desired to get it crispier. Serve and ENJOY!
*I have a whole blog post about marinading tofu including SIX different marinade flavors. Check that out HERE!
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 846.3 mg
- Fat: 17.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.8 g
- Protein: 22.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: air fryer tofu, easy tofu recipe, vegan air fryer recipe