- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (can also use 1–1 gluten free flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of almond milk (can be vanilla, I used unsweetened almond/ coco milk), plus a bit more if needed
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips, plus more for topping if desired
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a square baking dish by generously greasing it OR by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl (with a hand mixer), cream together the vanilla, almond butter, almond milk, and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. This will take about 60 seconds. If your almond butter is a bit dryer (like sometimes happens at the bottom of the jar) add in an additional 2-3 tablespoons of almond milk.
- Add the flour mixture into the large bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir (or beat) to combine until the ingredients are just incorporated but being sure not to over mix. The dough is ready when it starts to form one large clump in the bowl.
- Add in the chocolate chips and gently stir to combine.
- Pour the dough into your prepared baking dish and pat down into the pan gently to ensure that it’s even and lightly packed in. Optional: sprinkle the top with a bit more chocolate chips (highly recommended!! :))
- For extra gooey bars, bake for 20-25 minutes. For bars that are a bit drier, bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once done, let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
- Category: dessert