4 large eggs
1 ¼ cups of milk (almond milk works great if you want your recipe dairy free)
1 ¼ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
pinch of salt
6 slices of bread cut into 1 inch thick pieces (I used a full loaf of challah)
4 tablespoons of Barney Butter Almond Butter Bare Crunchy
optional for topping: syrup, powdered sugar, fruit
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk until fully combined.
- Take each piece of bread and cut a large slit in the bottom edge about ⅔ across the slice so that there is a pocket in the center to stuff the almond butter inside.
- Using a butter knife, stuff each slice of bread with about ½ heaping tablespoon of almond butter. Gently spread the almond butter around the inside of the bread.
- Over medium heat, spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the slices of bread in the egg mixture and let soak on each side for a good few seconds.
- Cook the bread in the skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a nice golden brown.
- Once done, top with syrup, fruit (if desired), and a dusting of powdered sugar.