These Almond Joy Dates are simple to make and such a delicious dessert or snack!
- 1 container of Natural Delights Pitted Dates (about 14 pitted medjool dates)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of canned coconut cream (the thick part in a can of full fat coconut milk)*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 14 raw or toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Optional for topping: additional shredded coconut
- In a blender or food processor, blend together the shredded coconut, coconut cream, and maple syrup. You want it to be combined but it’s okay if it’s still quite chunky.
- Spoon the coconut mixture evenly inside of the pitted dates. Top with an almond and place the dates in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate. Stir in the coconut oil until fully melted and combined.
- Working quickly, dip the dates into the chocolate so that they’re full or half covered depending on your preferences. You can also drizzle the chocolate over the top. Top with optional shredded coconut. Place in the fridge or freezer to chill. ENJOY!
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If it’s summer or if you live in a warmer climate, I suggest putting your can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight to help harden the coconut cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: chilling
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 1.3 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coconut dates, sweet stuffed dates, dessert dates