Delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is filled with cozy spices and topped with caramelized bites of tender apples. This easy apple oatmeal is naturally sweetened and makes the perfect breakfast for transitioning from summer to fall! Add nuts for the ultimate treat!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch + 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once it’s completely melted, add in the apples and stir until they are fully coated. Cook for 8 minutes until nice and tender to your liking. The cook time depends on the thickness of your apples.
- While the apples cook, stir together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and set aside. Turn the heat to low and stir in the cornstarch slurry. Once combined, stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Meanwhile, make the oatmeal by bringing the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Once boiling, add in the oats and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until thick.
- Divide the oatmeal between 2 bowls and top evenly with the cinnamon apples. ENJOY!
Leftover oatmeal and cinnamon apples can be refrigerated for up to about 5 days or frozen for 3 months. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove, adding milk or water as needed for the right consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 20.3 g
- Sodium: 1176 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.8 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: apple oatmeal, apple pie oatmeal