- 2 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 scoop protein powder
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed (the recipe could be made without this)
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped (peeled if desired)
- cooking spray/ coconut oil
- for topping: chopped nuts, extra chopped apple, and maple syrup/ agave
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl and then whisk in the eggs.
- Stir in the protein powder, flaxseed, almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple. Stir until fully mixed together. If batter seems a bit too thick, add more almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium LOW heat and grease with cooking spray or coconut oil. Pour the batter onto the skillet ~1/2 cup at a time and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side. Flip gently and cook for an additional 6 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with all of the batter.
- Top your pancakes with chopped apple, chopped buts, and a bit of maple syrup/ agave.
- ENJOY!! :)
These are NOT like normal pancakes. The consistency is a bit denser and therefore they NEED to be cooked at a lower temperature for a longer amount of time than your average pancakes. Additionally, they don’t hold together quite as well so be careful when you’re flipping them.
- Category: Breakfast