This Apple Dutch Baby is so easy to make and the perfect fall breakfast that everyone will love! Just a handful of simple ingredients!
- 3 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 2–3 apples sliced thinly (I used gala apples)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Optional: 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy free as desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender, combine the sugar, vanilla, eggs, flour, milk, and salt and blend until smooth.
- In a large, oven safe skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Once melted, add in the apple slices, BROWN sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Saute the apples for 5 minutes, stirring often, until they just begin to soften. Remove to a bowl and don’t bother to wipe clean the skillet (we want the apples and sugar mixture to still be in there!).
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and place the skillet in the pre-heated oven until the butter is melted; about 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and quickly arrange the apples. You can simply dump the apples in and distribute them evenly around the skillet OR you can arrange them in a circle like I did. Drizzle on any of the liquid that remains (see video for reference).
- Gently pour the batter over top of the apples and put directly into the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until it’s puffed up around the edges and browned all over.
- Dust lightly with powdered sugar and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 26.5 g
- Sodium: 371.8 mg
- Fat: 16.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.5 g
- Protein: 9.8 g
- Cholesterol: 173.1 mg
Keywords: apple dutch baby, easy dutch baby, apple pancake