- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 4 slices of day old French Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Apple Pie Topping:
- In a medium pan, combine the diced apple, both sugars, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, and ground nutmeg over medium heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes until apples become tender. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, and let sit.
- Whisk eggs. In a shallow dish, combine eggs, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Over medium heat, heat up for lightly greased skillet.
- Dip bread in the egg/ milk mixture making sure to soak both sides. Place in skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes cooked per side.
- Once the French toast is done, place 2 slices on 2 separate plates. Cover with the apples and some maple syrup.