Sautéed Baby Bella Mushrooms are easy, elegant, and full of delicious flavor!
- 1 pound of baby bella (cremini) mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter (vegan as desired)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil*
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs, I prefer thyme (other fresh herbs work well here as well!)
- Optional squeeze of lemon juice
- Start by thoroughly rinsing the baby bella mushrooms under water. Pat them dry and then thinly slice (about ¼ inch thick). If you buy pre-washed and sliced mushrooms, you can skip this step.
- In a large skillet, combine the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the butter is fully melted and the oil is hot, add in the sliced mushrooms with a good pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Around this time, you’ll end up with a decent bit of excess moisture in the pan from the mushrooms and this is okay.
- Add in the garlic and thyme (or other herbs if using), stir, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Most of the moisture from the mushrooms should have evaporated but if not, you can drain it off. Garnish with herbs, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ENJOY!
*you could sub the olive oil for an equal amount of additional butter or vice versa
You can also cook the mushrooms whole OR simply sliced in half. They may just need a few more minutes of cook time to get to your desired doneness.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baby Bella mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, sautéed mushrooms