Easy Baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- fine sea salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of bacon, I do not recommend thick cut bacon as it will take too long to cook compared to the asparagus
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Divide the asparagus into 6 bundles. You could do more or less if desired. Mine ended up being 6 bundles of 5 asparagus spears each. Wrap the bacon around the middle of the asparagus bundles so that it overlaps a little (see photo for reference). Place the bundles on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and garlic powder until combined. Plush that all over the bacon and asparagus. Sprinkle to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 15-22 minutes or until your bacon is nicely cooked (it won’t be very crispy at all). Once out of the oven, I recommend placing the bundles on a paper towel lined plate to absorb some of the excess grease.
- Optional: once out of the oven, brush the bacon with a little bit of maple syrup to add sweetness.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: asparagus bundles, roasted asparagus, baked asparagus, healthy appetizer