- 4 medium chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons of oil (any kind of oil will work here. I typically use olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- optional: herb of choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pour the oil in a large baking tray. Place all 4 pieces of chicken breast into the tray and flip them over a few times so that they’re evenly coated in the oil.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast evenly with the salt and pepper (and any other spices or herbs that you’re using).
- Bake for 18 minutes. At the 18 minute mark, check the temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. You want the chicken to be at 165 degrees F. Continue to cook (if needed) checking every few minutes on the temperature.
- Once at 165 degrees F, take out of the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving or cutting.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American