Baked Cinnamon Apples are easy to make with fresh apple slices that are wrapped in sweet, syrupy goodness with warm, cozy spices and baked until they are tender and flavorful! Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect fall treat!
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced, about 4–5 cups
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg (optional, but recommended)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of butter, cut into small cubes (vegan, as desired)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a medium baking dish with cooking spray (I used a 2 quart, 8×6 inch dish).
- Place the apple slices in a large bowl. Mix in the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Toss until the apples are evenly coated.
- Pour the apples in the prepared baking dish and evenly place the butter cubes along the top. Cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, stir to coat the apples in all of the yummy juices and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted apples, baked apples, baked apple slices