These strawberry donuts are baked up in just 20 minutes total and the strawberry glaze is delicious!
- of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- of baking soda
- of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- of maple syrup
- of plant based milk
- of nut butter- peanut butter, almond etc
- of vanilla
- medium banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup of finely diced strawberries
For the glaze:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of powdered freeze dried strawberries (you can also take regular freeze dried strawberries and blend them in a blender so that they’re very finely ground)
- 1 tablespoons of warm water (the warm water helps dissolve the strawberry powder)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cavity donut pan for cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash your banana until few lumps remain. Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Over top of the wet ingredients, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix everything together to combine. Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Evenly spoon or pipe the mixture into the 6 donut cavities.
- Bake in oven for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool slightly and then remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, strawberry, and water until fully combined. Add a 1/2 teaspoon more of liquid as needed. Dip the cooled donuts into the glaze or drizzle it on top. Place in the fridge, as desired, to harden the glaze. ENJOY!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan baked donuts, vegan donuts, baked donuts, strawberry donuts