These Homemade tortilla chips are SO easy to make and you’re going to love how fresh and crispy they are!
- Corn tortillas (I usually end up using a whole 8 oz package but you can make more or less)
- Cooking spray*
- 1–2 teaspoons of salt
- Other optional flavorings: squeeze of lime juice, 1 teaspoon of cumin, paprika, chili powder, cinnamon (for cinnamon chips I leave out the salt and sprinkle with a little sugar instead) etc SO many options!
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and get out 2 large baking trays.
- Cut the tortillas into 6 or 8 even triangles (see video for reference). I like my chips a little bigger so I usually go with 6.
- Place the chips on the baking tray so that they’re close together but not overlapping. Spray each side of the tortilla triangles with cooking spray and then sprinkle one side with the salt and any other seasoning.
- Bake for 8 minutes and then flip all of the chips over. Bake for 8-10 more minutes or until the tops of the chips are *just* beginning to brown. They’ll be slightly pliable right out of the oven but as soon as they cool down, they get really crispy.
- Let cool and ENJOY! Store leftovers in an air tight container on the counter.
*Feel free to use any oil you’d like and instead of spray, you can also brush the oil on as desired
- Category: snack
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: homemade tortilla chips, baked tortilla chips, easy homemade chips