How to make these Baked Vegan Donut Recipe that are fluffy and DELICIOUS and come together in just one bowl!
- 1 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I use cane sugar)
- ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cavity donut pan.
- In a large bowl, mash your banana until few lumps remain. Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Over top of the wet ingredients, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and mix everything together to combine.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the 6 donut pan.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool slightly and then remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool more.
- Make the cinnamon sugar coating by combining the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl. Once the donuts have cooled enough to easily handle them, lightly spray each one with cooking spray and then roll them in the sugar coating. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked donuts, vegan donuts, how to make healthy donuts