All the wonderful flavor of banana bread in soft & chewy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you’re looking to mix things up, this banana cookies recipe is a delicious twist on the classic. Great for any occasion from cookie cravings to an after school treat or a holiday cookie exchange!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of melted (vegan) butter or neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (dairy free as desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana so that very few lumps remain. Mix in the sugar, brown sugar, butter/oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) until fully combined: flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the dough with a cookie scoop (about 1 ½ tablespoons each) and place on a baking sheet. Gently flatten the cookies with your fingers so that they’re flat and in a nice cookie shape/size. I like to lightly wet my hands so that the dough doesn’t stick to my fingers very much. The cookies won’t really spread at all so get them in the shape you want them.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned on the bottom and just set. They may look *slightly* under-done when you take them out of the oven but will be perfect once they sit.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and ENJOY!
Storing & Freezing:
- Freezing baked cookies. You can freeze baked banana cookies. Once they are completely cool, place in a freezer-safe container or baggie and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes or pop them in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Storing baked cookies. Baked banana oatmeal cookies will keep in an airtight container or zip-top baggie at room temperature for about 3 days and in the fridge for about 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: per cookie
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 151.7 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 13.5 mg
Keywords: banana cookies, banana chocolate chip cookies, banana oatmeal cookies