Nothing says good morning like a stack of fluffy Banana Protein Pancakes served with your favorite toppings! This pancake recipe is so easy to mix up and yields light and fluffy pancakes with the perfect banana bread flavor. Get ready for a delicious, satisfying breakfast that everyone in your family will love.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of egg whites (egg whites from about 4 large eggs)
- 1/3 cup of protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- dash of cinnamon
- extra if desired: 1/4 cup blueberries (or other fruit)
- cooking spray/coconut oil
- Mash your banana until very few lumps remain. Mix in the egg whites, protein powder, flaxseed, and cinnamon until well combined. Fold in the blueberries and mix until just combined.
- Lightly grease a large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium LOW. The key to making these look nice is pure patience – you want to cook them for a longer time over low heat.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, spoon the batter into the skillet. Cook each pancake for about 4-5 minutes on each side watching closely that they aren’t burning. You should get about 4 pancakes.
- Top with your favorite honey or syrup and ENJOY! These are also great with a drizzle of peanut butter!
Storage tips: Keep any leftover pancakes stored in an airtight container for up to three days in the fridge. To freeze pancakes, once they’re completely cooled, stack them with the layers separated by parchment paper. Transfer them to a freezer bag and keep them frozen for up to 1 month.
To reheat: Use the microwave to reheat pancakes if you like yours nice and soft. If not, the toaster works great for a crispier version. You can heat directly from frozen, or thaw on the counter for a bit first.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: protein pancakes, banana pancakes