Easy BBQ Jackfruit that is easy to make and a delicious meatless meal!
- 40 oz of jackfruit (roughly 2 large cans), in water or brine
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of bbq sauce
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit and then lightly pat it dry. Cut off the core so that you’re only left with the outer parts that are the ones easy to shred. The core is the part that comes to a point (see photo above).
- Place the jackfruit in a large bowl and lightly shred with 2 forks (we’ll shred it a bit more while it cooks). Mix in the garlic powder, chili powder, salt, liquid smoke, paprika, and brown sugar. Toss to fully coat the jackfruit.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and once hot, add in the jackfruit. Cook for about 5 minutes to heat through, stirring often. As it cooks, break up the jackfruit more with the back of a wooden spoon or using the same forks.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bbq sauce.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: jackfruit recipe, bbq jackfruit, jackfruit pulled pork