- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 8 ounces of chocolate (I used 60% cocoa)
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter (or 3/4 of a cup)
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of beer
- 3 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a square baking pan (I used 8×8 but 9×9 works just as well).
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt and then set aside.
- In a double boiler (or with whatever method you prefer to melt chocolate) melt together the chocolate and butter until fully melted and combined. Take off of heat.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl and stir in the sugars, extract, and beer.
- One at a time, whisk in the eggs to chocolate and sugar mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly.
- optional: sprinkle with powdered sugar.