- 1.5 pounds of beets
- 5–7 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup almonds (or walnuts or pine nuts)
- 1/2 cup romano or parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut beets into quarters and wrap in tin foil.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour or until tender. Let cool for 30 minutes after taking them out of the oven.
- Place the beets, olive oil, garlic cloves, cheese, S&P in a food processor and process for 2 minutes pausing periodically to stir the mixture.
- Top your favorite pasta with this pesto and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes