For the meatloaf:
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup of mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of milk, I used almond milk
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- (½ cup of fresh spinach, finely chopped)
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 ½ tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tabelspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 bell peppers
For the sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- teaspoon of soy sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and grease a large baking tray.
- Slice bell peppers into rings. Finely chop up the tops, bottoms, and any remaining pepper to be added into the turkey mixture.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and saute onion, mushroom, chopped bell pepper, and garlic for about 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent. Stir in the salt, pepper, and theWorcestershire sauce.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add in turkey, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, and milk. Mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture evenly among the 9 bell pepper rings and place on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients and spread it evenly over the mini meatloafs.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Top with extra parsley and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes