- 3/4 cup moist/ sticky dried fruit (I used dates)
- 1 cup nut butter (I used homemade peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, slightly melted
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3–4 scoops of protein powder
- 3–6 oz of dark chocolate (this simply depends on how much you want), some for top and some for bottom of bars
- Put all of your ingredients (MINUS this chocolate) into a food processor and process until fully combined. You’ll know it’s ready once you can roll the mixture into a ball and it stays together easily. (if needed, you can add more but butter, honey, or fruit to the mixture to make it stick together)
- Once the mixture is ready, dump it all in a small squar(ish) dish.
- Now, this is important: You need to press it ALL in there really good. It needs to be nice and tight and compact in the dish.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate and pour over top.
- Refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes or until the chocolate has fully dried.
- Once the chocolate is fully hardened, cut out your bars (in whatever size you so desire). Getting the first bar out of the pan might be a little messy. However, the rest will come out just fine.
- If desired, drizzle chocolate over top of the other side of the bars, let chocolate harden, and ENJOY the BEST protein bars ever!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour