- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (almost exactly 2/3 cup of UNCOOKED quinoa), any kind of quinoa will work but I used red quinoa to keep the color of the burgers darker
- 1 1/2 cups of veggie broth (to be used in place of the water when cooking the quinoa)
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Cooking spray for the pan
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped (about 6 large baby bella mushrooms)
- optional: all of your favorite burger toppings :)
- Cook your quinoa according to package instructions using the veggie broth in place of the water to give the burgers greater flavor. Once done, take off of the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine the quinoa, black beans, breadcrumbs, garlic and onion powder, paprika, and salt & pepper. Process until full combined and there are no more chunks of black beans.
- Add in the mushrooms and process until the mushrooms are broken up into small pieces but still a little chunky.
- Taking about 1/2 cup at a time, roll the mixture into balls and then form them into patties. Repeat until all of the mixture is used up.
- Gently spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high. Once heated up, add in as many of the patties will fit without touching each other.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes on each side or until the patties are a nice browned color on each side.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes