Blistered tomatoes are cherry or grape tomatoes coated in garlic and olive oil, then sautéed until they’re juicy and bursting with flavor. Sautéed cherry tomatoes are quick and easy to cook and make a great side dish or topping for pasta and more!
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- 1–2 cloves of garlic, finely minced (you could leave this out as desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For serving: Balsamic glaze, sprinkle of basil or Italian seasoning
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the tomatoes and stir to coat in the oil and garlic. Leave, untouched, for 2 minutes. Cook for 5 additional minutes, stirring often. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and top with optional balsamic glaze and herbs. ENJOY!
Calories in cherry tomatoes = 27 calories in 1 cup of tomatoes
Carbs in cherry tomatoes = 6g of carbs in 1 cup of tomatoes
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: blistered tomatoes, sautéed tomatoes, sautéed cherry tomatoes