Refreshing and flavorful, this Blueberry Lemonade is quick and easy to make with just 4 ingredients, and is the perfect thirst quencher! Serve this all summer long for BBQs, picnics, poolside parties and more!
For the Blueberry Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup of sugar (can sub for an equal amount of: coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, or agave)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of blueberries
For the Lemonade:
- Juice of 6 lemons (roughly 1 1/4 cups of lemon juice)
- 6 cups of fresh water
- Optional: 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
To make the syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and blueberries and place over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and lower the heat a bit.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently and gently mashing the berries a bit, for about 5 minutes at which time the sugar should have completely dissolved and the syrup started to thicken. Cook for 5 additional minutes, mashing the blueberries with the back of a spatula.
- Let cool slightly and then strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the raspberries. Set aside to cool.
To make the lemonade:
- In a large pitcher, combine the blueberry syrup, lemon juice, and water. Stir until combined and add more water as needed (I don’t like my lemonade too sweet so I sometimes add an additional cup of water).
- Chill, serve, and ENJOY!
Keep the pitcher in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Covered is best. If there’s any leftover blueberry simple syrup, you can store it in a sealed bottle in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry simple syrup, blueberry lemonade recipe, berry lemonade