Homemade Blueberry Syrup is fruity, sweet and absolutely irresistible! This easy recipe is made with 5 simple ingredients and can be ready in less than 15 minutes. Serve as a topping for yogurt, ice cream, pancakes, and so much more.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of lemon juice*
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, water, and sugar. Stir to combine and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook over low for 4 minutes until the blueberries begin to soften and break down.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and cornstarch. Pour lemon mixture into the saucepan and stir to combine. Continue to cook at low, stirring often, for 3-4 more minutes. The mixture should thicken considerably and you can cook it for an extra couple minutes if you want it thicker.
- Serve and ENJOY! I like to serve this as is but you can also blend the mixture so it’s smooth and creamy.
*can also sub for 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract but i do not recommend adding both
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry compote, blueberry syrup recipe, blueberry sauce