I’m obsessed with this Brussel Sprout Salad! It’s hearty, healthy and SO tasty. It’s easy to make with finely shredded brussel sprouts, sweet dried cranberries and crunchy slivered almonds, all tossed in a delicious homemade dressing. The perfect fall and winter salad that would make a great addition to your holiday table.
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Juice of one orange (about ¼ of a cup)
- 2–3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced (can sub for 4 cloves of minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- pepper to taste
For the salad:
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- 2 pounds of brussels sprouts, ends trimmed*
- 1 cup of slivered almonds
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional), Violife is my favorite vegan option! (can also sub for ½ cup of nutritional yeast)
- Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients and whisking until fully combined. Set aside.
- Using a shredding attachment on your food processor OR using a mandoline, carefully shred the brussels sprouts into very thin strips. If you don’t have either of those, you can very thinly slice them with a knife but be mindful that you really want to get them as thin as possible.
- Place the brussel sprouts in a large bowl, pour the dressing over the top and toss. Add in the cranberries, almonds, and parmesan and toss once more to fully combine. Serve and enjoy!
- To prep the salad ahead of time, you can make the salad as written BUT do not pour on the dressing. Wait to add the dressing when you’re ready to actually eat the salad. If making for a party or holiday, you can make the salad and the dressing a couple days in advance and just keep them separate.
- A lot of stores sell pre-shredded brussel sprouts and that’s a great avenue to avoid having to shred them yourself.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shaved brussel sprout salad, shredded brussel sprout salad, raw brussel sprout salad