This Creamy Pumpkin Pasta is simple to make, plan-based friendly, and so so delicious!
- 1 pound pasta of choice (I used a quinoa based spaghetti)
- 1 bag of Ocean Mist Farm Season & Steam Brussels Sprouts
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree*
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried sage
- 5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cup of milk of choice (regular or plant based works well- you can also use cream for a thicker sauce)
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese (vegan as desired)- optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Steam the sprouts according to package directions. They don’t really need any seasoning since we’re tossing them in a sauce but I usually drizzle in a little olive oil with a pinch of garlic powder and salt.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion, garlic, and sage and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to a blender or food processor and add in the remaining ingredients: pumpkin, milk, salt and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add the sauce in the skillet used to saute the veggies. Place the skillet over medium heat and add in the cheese if using. Stir constantly to combine and cook until warmed through thoroughly and the cheese is fully melted.
- Mix in the pasta and steamed brussels sprouts. Serve and ENJOY!
*You can also use freshly roasted chunks of pumpkin similar to in this recipe: https://foodwithfeeling.com/butternut-squash-pasta-sauce/
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pumpkin pasta, pumpkin sauce, brussels sprouts pasta