- 1 can of black beans
- 1 1/2 cups of uncooked brown or white rice or 2 packets of brown rice quinoa mixture (see photo above)
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- 4 bell peppers (I used all different colors)
- vegan cheese of choice (I used a Mexican cheese blend from Trader Joes)
- For topping: cilantro, salsa, and vegan sour cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. lightly grease a baking dish (I actually used 2 medium dishes)
- While the oven pre-heats, cook your rice according to instructions.
- Once the rice is done, stir in the black beans and corn. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut your peppers in half. I cut them in half by cutting down the middle of the pepper (horizontally) HOWEVER, its a bit easier to get all of the seeds out if you cut the peppers down the top (through the stem). Once cut, fully remove and discard all of the seeds and white bits.
- Stuff each pepper evenly with the rice mixture so that it is overflowing. Place in your baking dish(es).
- If using, top with a bit of cheese and then bake in the oven for 10 minutes. We’re only baking these long enough to melt the cheese and to heat the peppers all the way through.
- Let cool slightly, top with your cilantro, sour cream, and salsa and ENJOY!!
- Category: dinner
- Serving Size: 2 pepper halves