- 2 medium butternut squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated parmesan, separated (THIS is a great vegan recipe for parmesan cheese!)
- handful of fresh sage, chopped 10 leaves
- 1 cup of almond milk, plain (could use any kind of milk)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup panko
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously grease a rectangular baking dish.
- Place 1/3 of the butternut squash in the dish and top with half of the onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat one more time. For the final layer, evenly place the butternut squash on the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the almond milk and veggie stock. Pour evenly over the squash.
- In a small bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, sage, and parmesan. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the top of the butternut squash.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!