- 5 cups butternut squash, shredded and lightly squeezed of excess moisture
- 2 large eggs or 2 flax eggs for vegan (2 tablespoons of flaxmeal + 5 tbs water)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, freshly chopped
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt & Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine the shredded squash, eggs, thyme, flour and salt & pepper. Mix until combined.
- Taking about 1/4 cup at a time, squeeze out any excess moisture and form the batter into discs.
- In a large skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon of oil until just hot. Add in the fritters and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. You want them to be a nice golden brown on each side and starting to get quite crispy around the edges.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!
- Category: dinner
- Method: frying
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: butternut squash, fritters, side dish