- 1 average sized butternut squash (~1 1/2 pounds), peeled, deseeded, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried sage
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/4 cup of almond milk, unflavored (can use other non flavored milk if desired)
- S&P to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the squash chunks and cloves of garlic on the baking sheet, drizzle with the oil, and sprinkle over the sage. If desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat.
- Bake for 40 minutes, tossing halfway through, or until the squash is tender and easily pierced with a fork. Once done, let cool slightly.
- Place the squash and garlic in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until creamy. Add in the milk and blend to combine. If desired, you can add in a bit more milk or even water if you wish for the sauce to be a bit thinner.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes