- 1.5 cups of rigatoni (or as much as you need for 2 people)
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable stock, divided
- small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano
- 2–3 tablespoons of goat cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine the onion and thyme (taken off of the sprigs) and saute in the olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Begin to cook pasta according to packaging directions.
- Add in the cubes of squash and HALF of the stock to the pan with the onion.
- Continue to cook squash, adding in a bit more stock every couple minutes, until the squash is tender and easily pierced by a fork. Remove from heat.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add it to the pan with the squash and onion.
- Immediately add the romano and goat cheese and stir until the cheese is fully melted and combined.
- Salt & Pepper to taste and ENJOY!!