Easy and delicious vegan butternut squash soup recipe!
- 1/2 of a medium white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil, olive oil or coco oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 sticks of celery, chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1–2 teaspoons of ginger, grated, depending on preference
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- S&P to taste
- Optional: 1 cup of milk, any kind
- For serving: sauteed kale
- In a large pot, saute the onion in the oil for 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients minus the milk and simmer for 30 minutes or until the squash and carrots are tender. Let cool slightly.
- Add in the milk to the pot.
- Sectioning the soup out, pour about half of it into a food processor or blender and process until creamy smooth. This might take a couple minutes.
- Add additional S&P if needed.
- Top with sauteed kale and ENJOY!!!
- This soup is best served very warm.
- Category: Soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan soup, butternut squash soup recipe, vegan dinner