This Caramel Latte is the perfect dessert drink you can make at home! It’s a quick and easy recipe to whip up and requires just a few ingredients, including milk, brown sugar, homemade caramel sauce and espresso or strong coffee. The perfect morning or afternoon pick-me-up!
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons of caramel sauce (HERE is my vegan version!)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 shots of espresso OR 1/3 cup of strong coffee
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the milk, brown sugar, caramel sauce, and vanilla. Whisk to combine and cook, whisking constantly, until the milk begins to steam around the edges. Remove from the heat.
- Optional: using a hand frother or milk frother to froth the milk. You can also whisk it vigorously until the milk becomes a little frothy.
- Pour the hot coffee into your serving mug and pour the milk over the top. Garnish with optional whipped cream and additional drizzle of caramel sauce! ENJOY!
Milk – you can use whatever kind of milk you desire. I’m a big fan of barista grade oat milk in this!
Sugar – you can add a little more or a little less sugar depending on how sweet you like your lattes.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel latte, caramel coffee, caramel latte recipe