These easy Caramelized Bananas are pan-fried in brown sugar and cinnamon for a simple and delicious treat. You can enjoy them as-is or use them as a topping with ice cream, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, French toast, and more!
- 2 bananas, cut into 1 inch thick coins (see video for reference)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the banana slices so that they’re not overlapping and then sprinkle on the brown sugar and cinnamon. Toss gently to coat each slice.
- Cook the bananas for 4 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until they’re caramelized on both sides. Be sure to watch the pan and gently move the bananas around a little so that they don’t stick.
- Remove from heat and serve! These are great served over ice cream, on pancakes or waffles, or even enjoyed on their own!
You can use half the amount of sugar as desired to make it a little lower in calories.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramelized bananas, sautéed bananas, cooked banana slices