- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Ritz crackers (or similar), crushed
- 1/4 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a medium casserole dish with cooking spray (mine was 2qt).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in the cauliflower and broccoli florets. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender. Drain, place back in the pot, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add in the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the flour, salt, and mustard and continue to cook for 30 more seconds.
- Slowly whisk in the milk. Once combined, add in the cream cheese, cheddar, and parmesan and continue to stir until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over top of the broccoli and cauliflower and stir until fully combined and all of the vegetables are coated. Put the cheesy broccoli + cauliflower into the prepared dish.
- Make the topping by mixing together the crushed crackers, remaining cheddar cheese, and melted butter. Sprinkle it evenly over the top of the veggies.
- Bake the casserole in the oven for 25 minutes until the cracker topping is a deep golden brown color and the dish is bubbling all around the edges. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: broccoli casserole, cauliflower casserole