- 3 pounds of Ocean Mist Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of cheese, grated and divided (I used a provolone + gruyere mix but cheddar and gouda would also work well!)
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon of each)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease roughly 3 quart baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the brussels sprouts until tender, about 6-8 minutes depending on how big your sprouts are. Drain and lightly dry with a towel. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add in your butter. Once butter is melted, add in the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 additional minute. Whisking constantly, slowly add in the milk and continue to cook until the sauce begins to really thicken. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper ( I used about 1/2 teaspoon of each).
- Mix the brussels sprouts into the cheese mixture, mix well, and then pour into your prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake for 25 minutes. Watch the last 10 minutes to make sure the cheese isn’t burning and cover with foil if so.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: brussels sprouts, thanksgiving, side dish