- 2 ½ pounds of cherries, pitted (5 cups measured)
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of almond extract
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ¾ cup of oat flour (can sub for all-purpose flour if desired)
- 1 cup of brown sugar, loosely packed
- ⅓ cup of vegan butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cherries along with the maple syrup, lemon juice, cornstarch, vanilla, and almond extract. Pour the cherry mixture and all of it’s juices into your prepared baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix together the crumble topping: rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, butter, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the cherries in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes so that the cherries are nice and tender and the crumble topping is lightly browned. Let cool slightly.
- Serve (preferably with vanilla ice cream!) and ENJOY!
I used tart cherries, but any cherries work in this recipe. Tart cherries are very seasonal and can only be found for a few weeks out of the year. Tart cherries aren’t great for snacking, but they’re perfect in baked goods and great for crisp and pie.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cherry crisp, cherry dessert