These chewy granola bars are simple to make and require just 5 ingredients!
- 1 cup of dates, pitted*
- 1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup of nut or seed butter (peanut butter is typically my go to for these)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup mix ins (nuts, chia seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, flax seed, pepitas, chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut, etc), can be one cup of 1 thing such as 1 cup of almonds OR it can be a 1 cup mixture of any mix ins
- Optional for dipping or drizzling: melted chocolate
- Place the dates into a food processor and blend until they form a paste. It takes about a minutes. Stop to scrap down the sides as needed.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix together the nut butter and maple syrup, stirring constantly until fully combined. Remove from the heat.
- In the same bowl with the date paste, mix in the oats, 1 cup of mix ins, and peanut butter mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixed into a lined 8×8 inch pan (or similar size) and press down firmly so that everything is nice and compact. Place in the fridge or freezer to set and chill for about an hour.
- Cut into 8-10 bars and ENJOY! I recommend storing leftovers in the fridge (or freezer to last longer)
*soak in hot water for about 30 minutes and then drain if your dates are a bit older and dried
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Category: snacks
- Method: chill
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan granola bars, no bake granola bars, how to make granola bars