This Easy Chicken Empanadas recipe can be made in about 30 minutes and are a dinner that the whole family will absolutely love!
- 10 empanada disks (I prefer the Goya brand in the freezer section), thawed
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, shredded or diced (I baked mine in the oven with a little salt and pepper, and olive oil)
- 1 ½ cups of shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz can of diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup of Red bell pepper
- ½ cup of greek yogurt (I used non-fat 0%)
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons of sriracha for heat
- 1 Egg, beaten for wash
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, green chiles, bell pepper, greek yogurt, cumin, S&P, paprika, and sriracha.
- Take your thawed empanada discs and spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto one side of the disk. Leave about ¼ inch clean around the edge.
- Brush egg around the edges of half of the disc and fold the circle over top of the filling. If the filling is coming out the sides at all, gently stuff it into the empanada and make sure that the edges are completely sealed.
- Crimp the edges with a fork and brush the top of each empanada with the egg wash. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops of the empanadas just start to turn golden.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!