This easy, nutritious Chickpea Avocado Salad recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make and is packed with fresh flavors, colorful veggies, and plant-based protein from chickpeas. Perfect for quick lunches or to serve at your next cookout, potluck or picnic!
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained
- 2 avocados, diced*
- 1 medium English cucumber (about 1.5 cups), diced
- 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2–3 large handfuls of arugula
- 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon (~2.5 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, and arugula. Mix to combine.
- In a small bowl or mason jar, combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk/shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the chickpea mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve and ENJOY!!
*If you won’t be serving this immediately, I suggest keeping the avocado on the side and stirring it in before serving. The lemon juice from the dressing really helps to keep the avocado from browning but I still prefer it to be as fresh as possible.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Greek, American
Keywords: chickpea avocado salad, chickpea salad with avocado, chickpea arugula salad