- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of lightly packed greens (I’ve tried this with spinach as well as arugula)
- Cook your sweet potatoes: you can do this in an INSTANT POT or in the oven. To cook them in an oven, pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stab each sweet potato a few times around with a fork and place them on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour or until tender and easily pierced with a fork. The time depends on the thickness of your potatoes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once hot, add in the garlic, chickpeas, cumin, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the greens and continue to cook, stirring often, until the greens are wilted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When ready to serve, cut the center of the potatoes open and mash the inside. Divide the chickpea mixture evenly among the potatoes. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 446.6 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.3 g
- Protein: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: stuffed sweet potatoes, vegan sweet potatoes, stuffed recipe