Chickpea Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl- this vegan buddha bowl is easy to make, great for meal prep, and so delicious!!
- Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa (I LOVE to make it in the instant pot following THIS RECIPE)
- 1 small bunch of kale, deboned and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 2/3 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- Chopped cabbage for topping
- chopped peanuts for topping
- chopped cilantro for topping
- chopped green onion for topping
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced for topping
- lime wedges for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F. On a baking sheet, toss together the sweet potato chunks with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cumin, paprika, and some salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Optional: also toss in the chickpeas and bake them along with the sweet potato if you want them a little crispy. Otherwise, wait and add toss in the chickpeas when the sweet potato has about 5 minutes left in order to heat up the chickpeas.
- Make your quinoa by combining the quinoa in a medium pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer, stirring often, until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Make your peanut sauce according to THESE directions and set aside.
- Make the kale by heating up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the garlic and let saute for about 2 minutes. Add in the kale and cook, stirring frequently, for an additional 5 minutes. Take off of heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble your bowls by dividing everything equally among 2 bowls. I like to start with the quinoa, kale, and sweet potato/ chickpeas and then add my toppings. You can get creative here and use whatever veggies sound good to you. I love raw cabbage for a crunch as well as avocado, peanuts, and cilantro. I also like to serve it was a lime wedge for an added bit of citrus.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: vegan
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: buddha bowl, vegan dinner, healthy meatless dinner