Bringing you my favorite vegan tacos that are insanely delicious and so easy to make! These Chickpea Tacos are hearty, healthy, and ready in less than 20 minutes. The perfect plant-based, gluten-free lunch or dinner!
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained rinsed and dried
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 cup of water
- For serving: tortillas, guacamole, salsa, etc.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and then dry them off so that most of the excess moisture is gone.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add in the chickpeas and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- Add in the spices and ¼ cup of water and cook for 2 more minutes, tossing so that the chickpeas get completely covered in the spices. Remove from the heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
I made homemade tortillas following THESE directions.
Nutritional info does not include tortillas or any toppings, just the taco “meat” chickpeas.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chickpea tacos, vegan tacos