Deliciously creamy Chipotle Mayo is quick and easy to make. It’s perfect for adding a smoky, slightly spicy, savory flavor to a variety of dishes! Drizzle it over tacos, spread it on sandwiches and wraps or turn it into a tasty dip for fries, chips, vegetables and more!
- 1 ½ cup mayonnaise (vegan as desired)*
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of the adobo sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of lime juice
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon of lime zest
- If you want a less spicy sauce, cut open the chipotle peppers and scrape out the seeds and discard. I rarely do this and just leave them in but it’s up to you.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and only a few lumps remain.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired. If you want it even spicier, you can also add in more of the adobo sauce.
- Serve and enjoy! I love this on tacos and nachos! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
*You can also use plain Greek yogurt – there are some good vegan greek yogurts on the market as well.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: condiment
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: chipotle mayo, how to make chipotle mayo, chipotle mayo sauce