- ½ cup (1 stick) vegan butter, room temp
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup of plant based milk
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the oats, flour, powder, and soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the dry ingredients and beat until combined with the butter and sugars – dough will be crumbly.
- With the stand mixer on medium-low, pour in the almond milk. Beat only until a dough has formed – about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop and roll into 2 tablespoon balls and set in the fridge for 15+ minutes.
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart and bake for 14-16 minutes*, until golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and ENJOY!
*Don’t bake them more than this. Mine usually have this dough, slightly under baked look in the middle after about 15 minutes but they don’t need to bake any longer than 16 minutes. Once they cool, they set and are PERFECT!
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookies